HAND SOAP + DIY RECIPE


Time to clean up our hands and find a safe hand soap for your home! I have a simple DIY recipe as well as the Thieves Foaming Hand Soap. I have two kids and they love to use a TON of hand soap and play in it while washing their hands so the DIY saves me money as I have to refill my hand soaps often. I'll include the recipe below!

If you read my post about Dish Soap, then you already know why we want to stay away from SLS. Using a foaming hand soap dispenser gives you the foam without the use of SLS! That is a win in my book! Here I have looked up a few hand soaps:

Method Foaming Hand Soap, Green Tea & Aloe - Overall Toxicity Score 6
(Retinyl Acetate is a 9, Fragrance is an 8, DMDM Hydantoin is a formaldehyde releaser and a 7)

Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Foaming Hand Soap, Lemon Verbena - Overall Toxicity Score 4
(Fragrance is an 8)

Method Gel Hand Wash Refill, Pink Grapefruit - Overall Toxicity Score 5
(again, Fragrance is an 8)

Softsoap Liquid Handsoap, Black Raspberry & Vanilla - Overall Toxicity Score 4 
(Watch out for Fragrance in this one as well, plus DMDM Hydantoin and SLS)

Okay so what do I use to stay away from all the yuck you just saw? As I mentioned above, I typically DIY my hand soap cause it's super easy and inexpensive but when I can grab more Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, I do it! In September it was a free promotion, so I got it for free and it is on my bathroom counter. It smells SO good!

Grab the Thieves Foaming Hand Soap HERE
Please use referral code: 2069867 so I can send you a gift!

DIY FOAMING HAND SOAP:

Foaming Hand Soap Dispenser (I like these and these)
2 TBSP Unscented Liquid Castile Soap (Dr. Bronners is my favorite)
8 drops of Young Living Thieves Essential Oil (Order here)
Distilled Water

Put all of it in the hand soap dispenser adding water last. Only fill with water to about 85% full. Foaming Dispensers need a little air at the top to work well. 

That's it! I like to change up the essential oils and do Rosemary and Lavender or Tea Tree so really you have endless ways of making this your own. There is a Pumpkin Spice Blend that I will need to find and share too!


L


Comments

Popular Posts