PLANT MOM LIFE

Ya'll, I love house plants. I love flowers + gardens outside. Just put me in the jungle and I'll be content with all the greenery. Have you been to Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN? When we lived there, I loved to just go walk through the indoor gardens - serious happy place!

Since I love plants, I always gets lots of questions about plants! Now, I am no expert and just follow the directions that it comes with to the best that I can and if an issue arises - I google!

Pots, soil, macrame...all the things can get a little overwhelming!

I personally look for a good potting soil that is organic since it is in my home and I will be breathing in whatever I have in my home. Then, I head to Marshalls or Ross to look for adorable pots for my new plant or my growing plant that needs a bigger pot! Look all around in the home section - sometimes they are hiding in their displays!

Next, I pot my plant and then find a happy home for it within my space!

If you want to hang it from the ceiling, you will want to get Macrame from Amazon or Etsy. I've bought off Amazon but also have two that my Aunt made in the 60's! How cool is that!? When hanging plants from the ceiling, you want to find a lightweight pot. If it is a light weight/smaller plant, you can get a terracotta clay pot and use that in your macrame but if it's a little bigger - I typically opt for a plastic pot so it doesn't add to much weight to your ceiling hook.

I use these types of hooks to hang my macrame from the ceiling.

I have bought this style macrame off of Amazon.
And HERE is another set I want to get!

I love these types of plant pots for the floor home and have luckily found one at Marshall's before!

Are you already a plant guru? Are you creating a jungle in your home too? :)

This is the view to the left when you walk into our home!

Comments

Popular Posts