FRUIT & VEGGIE WASHING


I believe we all need to be washing our fruits and vegetables before consuming whether they are organic, not organic or even from your backyard! 

So first off, let's talk about pesticides and buying produce that is not grown organically. I constantly hear people sharing with others that using a wash or soaking them in vinegar removes all the pesticides. While this may help get some off, it does not give you the best produce.

(click link to go to page where I got this below information)

The data used to create EWG's Shopper's Guide to Pesticides in Produce™ is from produce tested as it is typically eaten. This means it’s washed and, when applicable, peeled. For example, bananas are peeled before testing, and blueberries and peaches are washed. Because all produce has been thoroughly cleaned before analysis, washing a fruit or vegetable would not change its ranking in EWG’s Shopper’s Guide. Remember, if you don’t wash conventional produce, the risk of ingesting pesticides is even greater than reflected by the Department of Agriculture test data. California tests for pesticides on unwashed and unpeeled produce. Its tests routinely find much higher concentrations of pesticides.3
EWG has not evaluated various produce washes for efficacy or potentially toxicity. Since some plants absorb pesticides systemically, a produce wash would have limited effect. The safest choice is to use EWG Shopper's Guide to avoid conventional versions of those fruits and vegetables with the highest pesticide residues.


Secondly, WASH YOUR PRODUCE! Why???

Because soil, microbes and how about all the hands of customers picking up your fruit in the store that just came out of the bathroom but didn't wash their hands? (if this is you, just wash your hands!) How about the kid that sneezes directly on it? We wash our hands with soap but then think a cold water rinse is going to clean all the yuck off the apples...funny isn't it?


Before I was introduced to Young Living I washed my fruits and veggies with vinegar sometimes...but I am kind of sensitive to the smell and could swear that I tasted it on my berries. When I got this Fruit and Veggie Wash though, I liked it from the first bowl of fruit I washed. It smelled fresh, it got the job done and it rinsed clean. No taste and good ingredients that I know are safe to use on my fruits and veggies. So although I buy organic, I still wash all my produce with the Fruit and Veggie Wash from YL!

Try it now and you're welcome!
#2069867 is my referral code and you will receive a golden package from me when you shop through me <3


Comments

Popular Posts