VEGAN GRILLED CHEESE

It's vegan and it is the best grilled cheese I've ever tasted. Hands down. Stepping away from cheese is [for most] one of the hardest parts of going plant-based. It tastes so good but really, vegetables are your best friend. Every once in a while though, we crave that comfort food so here is what I make and LOVE!

I want to branch out...maybe tomatoes and spinach on the next one?
How do you like your grilled cheese? 

What you'll need:

  • 2 slices of your favorite bread
  • 1-2 slices of Follow Your Heart Provolone Sliced Cheese (DF/V)
  • Earth Balance Soy Free + Dairy Free Butter + Vegan (it's the red tub)
Make it how you would the traditional grilled cheese! 

But if you are new to this...here is how I make it: 
Heat cast iron skillet or your favorite pan. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Lay them in the pan butter side UP so the inside of the bread can get warm. Once it's hot, flip them so that the butter side is down on the pan. Place your cheese on the tops of the bread. Then stack the grilled cheese properly once the cheese is starting to melt a bit. Don't burn the grilled cheese unless you're weird and like it like that. Take it off the stove, slice it in half (if you are like me) and devour it on the way to the table. I like to eat apple slices with it, but today I had strawberries as my side and it was awesome too. 

Share your creative grilled cheese favorites in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts