VEGAN CROCK-POT CHILI




It is officially Fall on the calendar and today was a high of 67 with misting rain. I had meal planned on Thursday for the next two weeks (don't be impressed, I do this for a couple weeks and then fail. Maybe blogging about food will keep me on top of meal planning?). Chili was an option because it is an easy meal that is inexpensive and has plenty of leftovers. But I wanted it to have zero meat in it so I took another recipe and tweaked it a bit. Here is what I came up with:

VEGAN CROCK-POT CHILI (easy)
  • 15oz can of black beans (drained + rinsed)
  • 15oz can of kidney beans (drained + rinsed)
  • 2 large carrots, sliced
  • 15oz can of tomato sauce
  • 28oz can of diced tomatoes
  • 1/3 yellow onion, diced
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
  • 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 TBSP paprika
  • 1 TBSP chili powder
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 drops Young Living Oregano Vitality Oil
Combine all the above ingredients in your crock pot and cook on High for 3-4 hours to allow carrots to soften and the spices/herbs to blend.

My lunch on this cool + rainy day!
Serve with shredded vegan cheddar cheese and tortilla chips!

Comments

Popular Posts