BROCCOLI

There are many possible health benefits of vegetables but I've found Broccoli to be one of the highest on the list of super veggies. Luckily, it is my favorite vegetable so I eat it often. You can eat broccoli raw, steamed, cooked or baked. I am currently obsessed with eating it raw with a dressing that I throw together from two items I buy at the store but also love it steamed with sea salt sprinkled on it.

With every food, there can be a risk involved when consuming. Wash your produce well before eating. I recommend purchasing the Thieves Fruit & Veggie Wash from Young Living as it will clean your produce safely. (Use my referral code #2069867 when ordering to receive a gift from me!)

Possible Health Benefits of BROCCOLI:
  • Reduce Cholesterol
  • Lower Blood Sugar Levels (diabetics rejoice!)
  • Cancer Prevention
  • Supporting Healthy Blood Vessels (heart healthy)
  • Supports Healthy Blood Pressure
  • Eye Health (rich in beta-carotene and other eye supporting vitamins)
  • Healthy Pregnancy (rich in folate and iron)
  • Constipation (rich in fiber)
  • Immune System (rich in vitamin c)
  • May also improve complexion, increase energy and overall lower weight
TIPS:
The best way to get all the nutrients from Broccoli is to eat it raw. You can keep most of the nutrients by lightly steaming broccoli in a steamer basket on the stove top instead of boiling it in water. I do not recommend the microwave but you can when in need. Just keep it to a low time to try to keep the nutrients in place. Raw Broccoli is best but it can irritate your bowels and create gassiness. Gradually add broccoli into your diet to reduce the amount of irritation. 

REMINDER:
The goal is to eat a variety of vegetables each day so no need to just eat a huge plate of broccoli each day. Incorporate it as often as you can but with other vegetables throughout the day/week.

Blood Thinning: Broccoli is high in Vitamin K and can inhibit your anticoagulant medication so please be cautious if you are taking medication such as warfarin or any other blood thinners. Talk to your doctor before adding broccoli to your diet if you are on medications to be safe.

Hypothyroidism: In my research I saw that it may worsen your thyroid condition if eaten in excess. If you have a thyroid condition, talk to your doctor before adding it to your diet to be safe. 

Reminder: I am not a doctor. This is based off my own research that I have found to be true through researching and finding the common denominator. 
I encourage you to do your own research as well!

Comments

Popular Posts